Inspired by a recent viewing of “On the Road,” the film adaptation of Jack Kerouac’s cult classic, I decided to put together some of my favorite quotes from the book/film. These quotes mainly result in my final conclusion about life: That everyone should try to find madness in their lives..a little spontaneity and a lot of madness.
1. “What is that feeling when you’re driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? – it’s the too-huge world vaulting us, and it’s good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.”
2. “The best teacher is experience and not through someone’s distorted point of view”
3. “But why think about that when all the golden lands ahead of you and all kinds of unforeseen events wait lurking to surprise you and make you glad you’re alive to see?”
4. “I believed in a good home, in sane and sound living, in good food, good times, work, faith and hope. I have always believed in these things. It was with some amazement that I realized I was one of the few people in the world who really believed in these things without going around making a dull middle class philosophy out of it. I was suddenly left with nothing in my hands but a handful of crazy stars.”
and of course…
5. “the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”
Everyone will have quotes that mean something special and pertinent to their life’s journey. Share below!